The government has a set of guidelines that need to be followed for passport photo to be officially valid. Make sure your passport photos meet the government's guidelines. You can also read our summary of these in the FAQ area and other tips down below.
Order a sheet of up to 8 Passport Photos directly online for only 2,99 ¤ per sheet. You are free to use either 8 different photos or 8 times the same photo.
- 35 mm wide by 45 mm high - the standard UK passport photo size
- Printed on glossy finish on high-quality photographic paper
- Use 8 different or 8 identical photos
You might also like the following
FAQ - Passport Photos
Design your custom passport photos
Not only for passport application
- Since you only need 2 identical photos for renewal, you can add snaps of your family members to the other 6 photo frames of the passport photo template.
- Ensure to edit the photos so that the colours are bright enough and the head position is just as required for the biometric passport.
How to order Passport Photos online
- Load the Online-Designer and upload your photos.
- Add the pictures to each of the 8 frames per drag & drop. Customize them to your liking - edit colours, crop, etc.
- Satisfied? Simply add them into the shopping cart and submit the order!
What Passport Photos are acceptable?
Please keep in mind following guidelines for your photos to meet the official regulations.
- Only use non-blurry, colour pictures a plain white, cream or light grey background.
- There shouldn't be any shadows or other objects in the background.
- You must be facing forward with a close-up of your full head, shoulders and the upper body.
- Have a neutral expression with your mouth closed and eyes clearly open (wear glasses? Watch out for glare!).
- Don't wear any hats or other head covering (unless it's for religious or medical reasons).
Perfect for child passports
The guidelines and rules are also valid for babies and children. Of course, there are some small exceptions, but the subject needs to be in the photo by themselves, no matter their age. Otherwise, please consider the following:
- The expression of children under six years old does not have to be neutral.
- Babies should be laid onto plain coloured cloth and the photos should then be taken from above.
Passport Photos online - on high-quality photo paper
We develop your photos exclusively on high-quality premium paper (233 g/m²) with a 100-year colour guarantee (colour-fast, UV-resistant). In addition, our automatic image optimisation (DPO) ensures optimal results and radiantly beautiful photos.